what people are saying...
“Misha Shields’ smart choreography expertly brings to life the story within the genre of musical comedy. Her work paired with Pailet’s direction creates a wildly imaginative in-the-round experience. The creative use of simple effects (flashlights, baby powder, rope and pulley, etc.) are profoundly effective and a refreshing success that at times rivals even some of the most technical shows on Broadway.“
- Theater Is Easy, Michael Hartung (Who's Your Baghdaddy?, Actor's Temple)
"Misha Shields’s choreography is inflected with early Bob Fosse..."
- New York Times Critic's Pick, Anita Gates (Who's Your Baghdaddy?, Actor's Temple)
"The use of body slaps, stomps, and other bodily percussive elements-no doubt added by Misha Shields choreography-gives the music an urgency and impact that is powerfully stirring as well."
- Broadway World, David Clarke (Who's Your Baghdaddy?, Actor's Temple)
“The show is also directed by Marshall Pailet, with musical direction by Rona Siddiqui and choreography by Misha Shields. All of these names are the new up and coming talents of musical theatre and breath new life into this form...
...Misha Shields’ choreography is simple. Like Andy Blankenbuehler’s choreography, you want to learn it and incorporate it into your movements. Pailet’s direction takes a small space and together with Ms. Shields creates something so unique with the simplest of props.”
- Time Square Chronicles, Suzanna Bowling (Who's Your Baghdaddy?, Actor's Temple)
"Misha Shields Choreography is second to none."
- Valley Stages, Eland Relic (Follies, Theater Works)
"...the movement of the piece was sharp and Misha Shields’ choreography utilized the space well. While the playing area may have been tight, Shields’ made it feel grand.”
- Theater In The Now, Michael Block (Who's Your Baghdaddy?, Actor's Temple)
"...Misha Shields’ energetic choreography bursts with imagination – characters interlock with their younger selves – and excitement, particularly in The Story of Lucy and Jessie where the urge to grab your own top hat and cane and join the male ensemble up on stage may prove for some too hard to restrain."
- Valley Screen and Stage: David Appleford's Film and Theater Review (Follies, Theater Works)
"...the choreography/acrobatics are mesmerizing."
- Gayletter, Andy Patrick (The Orion Experience, XL Nightclub)
"The choreography, done by Misha Shields, was extremely fun to watch...showed a lot of skill."
- The Knockturnal, Vinesh Vora (Who's Your Baghdaddy, Actor's Temple)
"...exuberant dance sequences during which Annie and the other girls seem to be completely free of care."
- Boston Globe, Don Aucoin (Milk Like Sugar, Huntington Theatre)
“The energetic choreography is by Misha Shields”
- Theater Pizzazz, Beatrice Williams-Rude (Who's Your Baghdady?, Actor's Temple)